Jazz Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

June 25, 2010

Fred Anderson, 1929 - 2010

They say they come in threes. Well, let's hope I don't have to do a third post though. I like Fred Anderson a lot. I must confess, I don't own many of his recordings, but thanks to the beauty of the internet I've been able to sample his sounds through radio streams. His tone is beautiful. It's warm, it fills the air with positive notions of bop, the avant-garde, and even an east meets west vibe at times.



Writing obituaries is not my stronghold. I like to pay my respect and feel it's best for the professional, expert historians to express tribute.
Fred was never less than totally involved in what he was doing, which was forcing air through a bent tube to shake the earth we walked on and the culture we breathed. ~ Howard Mandel




No comments: